Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chapter Six

This chapter was basically a review for the most important themes addressed in the book.  Blake stresses that the success in the digital classroom begins with having a student centered classroom, planning lessons carefully, and being technically knowledgeable.   It all starts with us teachers developing not only functional computer literacy, but critical literacy as well.  

Overall, Brave New Digital Classroom: Technology and Foreign Language Learning is to the point, and well written book that help me a language teacher to learn more about CALL research and best practices in the FL classroom.  I honestly know feel like I can start adding some technology components to my Spanish class and hopefully and I can attain my goal for me as a teacher and for my students which is to teach and learn a second language. 


References:
Blake, Robert J. (2008). Brave New Digital Classroom: Technology and Foreign Language Learning. Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment