Thursday, July 28, 2011

Internet Reciprocal Teaching

I think internet reciprocal teaching is a great alteration to reciprocal teaching.  Reciprocal teaching uses four comprehension strategies: predicting, questioning, clarifying, and summarizing.  Internet reciprocal teaching uses the online reading comprehension strategies of questioning, locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and communicating. 

To be honest, I am still not sure if I fully understand this internet reciprocal strategy, but I find that it is similar to the gradual release strategy: I do it, we do it, you do independently, and you do it together.  How can I use this strategy in my classroom?  Maybe I can teach the students how to use basic search engines online and find information about a famous person from a particular Spanish speaking country.  Students (small groups) then would find reliable sources and put it together in a form of a blog or wiki.  Finally, they can share their information with the rest of the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment