Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Power to Learn Review

 Power to Lear, Cablevision's education initiative
 http://www.powertolearn.com/index.shtml
This site is a great tool not only for teachers but for parents and students as well.  Very interactive and eye catching.  As a parent and teacher, I would say that the Internet smarts section is great.  They have a collection of interactive PPT’s that come along with parent guides and lesson plans for teachers.  Students can even take and pass two online quizzes and receive a certificate that says they are “Internet Smart.”
Another section that caught my attention was the “En Español” section.   This section could be a very useful tool in my Spanish classroom and even for the ESOL program as well.    While browsing the website, I found it easy to navigate.  Pages load very quickly even with the amount of content. 
Lastly, the technology blog is a valuable section in this website.  There are tips and ideas on how to incorporate and put into action technology in the classroom.  I will definitely use this website’s technology blog to learn new and fresh ideas.  Also, the interactive PPT’s will make it to my classroom this upcoming school year.  Overall, I would recommend it to others and definitely add to My Favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment